Legal Drug & Alcohol Testing Services
This service has been designed especially for solicitors and legal professionals.
Anglia’s Drug & Alcohol Testing Services offers a full range of substance misuse testing to assist with child protection or any other legal issues.
Why Anglia? [list style=”check”]
Anglia DNA Services Limited is an independent UK Laboratory specialising in Drug, Alcohol & DNA Testing for Legal Cases.
Over the last 10 years, the company has developed a reputation for its innovation and excellence in scientific services. Flexible, quality assured testing services using the latest scientific technology ensures value for money, speed of service and total client care.
One of the UK’s leading accredited laboratories in this field, we are relied upon by many local authorities and law firms throughout the UK to ensure that results meet court deadlines.
Anglia provides full case management and offers a Sample Collection Service throughout the UK and routinely handles cases involving clients across the world.
- A UKAS Accredited Testing Laboratory No 2699 to ISO 17025
- Accredited by the Ministry of Justice to carry out parentage tests directed by the civil courts in England and Wales under Section 20 of the Family Law Reform Act 1969.
- Sample Collection Service available throughout the UK.
- Extensive network of samplers worldwide
- Standard 5 day turnaround.
- DNA Express Testing Services; 72 hour, 48 hour, 24 hour and same day (8 hour)
- Personal Services; each case is assigned to a dedicated team member, who manages this case from start to finish.
- Direct Contact with our scientists
- Results reported in a clear and easy to understand language.
- Accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to conduct CPD courses.
- No hidden charges and split invoicing free of charge.
Our Drug & Alcohol Testing Services
Our Drug Testing Service provides substance abuse testing in a variety of sectors including legal applications for;
- Child protection
- Workplace Testing
- Sporting bodies
Drug & Alcohol testing covers a wide variety of substances and test options.
The Client Services Team can guide you through all the options and costs to ensure that the most suitable test is carried out and your sample test completed.
Our Service has been designed to make the whole procedure effortless, with our aim to make life easier for our clients;by making the arrangements for each test, saving you valuable time and by combining our professional service with our flexibility to meet your specific requirements. All part of our standard service, provided to you at no extra cost.
We regularly test for the commonly abused substances and metabolites found in hair, urine, oral fluid and blood. Other tests are available on request.
Historical and Recent Drug Use Testing
Using a sample of hair about the thickness of a pencil allows for a historical overview of drug use. The method is non-invasive, simple and painless for the donor.
All collections are carried out by our trained collectors who ensure the sample is taken as neatly and discreetly as possible.
As head hair grows at approximately 1 cm per month, we can use a hair sample to report drug usuage in two ways.
Overview of Drug Use
An average of the total period of analysis e.g. 3 cm of hair can demonstrate that an individual took significant quantities of heroin at some point in the last 3 months.
Month by Month Analysis
A segmented month by month analysis e.g 3 cm of hair taken in October can demonstrate that an individual took significant quantities of heroin in July, but has abstained in August and September.
Blood is used in combination with a hair test to detect historical abuse of alcohol in donors. Blood allows us to carry out the following;
– Liver Function Test (LFT)
– Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin Test (CDT)
All blood samples are safely collected by trained phlebotomists and are securely transported to the laboratory.
Urine and Oral Fluid
Oral Fluid Tests – detection of recent drug use ususally 24 – 48 hours. (depending of type of drug).
Urine drug Testing – detection of drug use over the previous 4 days. (up to 30 days for some drugs)
Anglia is pleased to provide you with a Sample Collection Service available throughout the UK, or can arrange an alternative collection option on your behalf.
Our samplers are highly trained and fully equipped to obtain hair, urine, oral fluid and blood samples for Drug and Alcohol testing.
Mouth swab samples are obtained for DNA testing.
What are the advantages of our service?
- Our sampler’s can attend appointments with individuals, either in their home or at a required location.
- Arranged on your behalf at no extra cost.
- Flexible service to meet tight deadlines.
Our Sample Collection Options
- General Practitioners – providing the most cost effective solution for the taking of DNA mouth swab samples.
- Laboratory Sampling – sample appointments with our technicians in our own laboratories.
- Worldwide Network – extensive, network of samplers available to assist in the collection of samples.
- Private Clinics & Nurses – Network of experienced samplers delivering a fast turnaround service.
Download an Order Form
Please click here to download an order form for Legal Drug and Alcohol Testing.